Headset for Hot Yoga

Brady

Hi quick question. Looking for suggestion for a radio headset mic suitable for use for a Hot Yoga session. These sessions (if you don't know) are carried out in a humid room similar to a sauna and I was wondering if this would effect choose. tThe budget is relatively low and the quality doesn't have to be amazing as its just for an instructor during the more upbeat sessions.

Thanks

for any help

Depending on Budget the Sennheiser ME 3 or the AKG C555L spring to mind these are quite bulky and may not like the humid air. Prices start around £70 for the AKG to £100 + for the Sennheiser, However if you have more budget I would go some of the discreet head set mics from DPA that are so small they become waterproof, these look amazing but can be a little more expensive. Do you also need the radio transmitter and receiver included? If these are out of your prices range Stagecore so a great little headset which might be worth looking at.

DM if you want a price.

Assuming you are after a complete system, rather than just the mic, look for budget aerobics sets from Studiospares, Digital Village, etc. or your local music store. They won't be waterproof, so you will need to seal the transmitter in a plastic bag & use something like a condom to protect the mic head. I would avoid systems where the transmitter is built into the head-band, as I suspect they would be much more difficult to seal.

Assuming you are after a complete system, rather than just the mic, look for budget aerobics sets from Studiospares, Digital Village, etc. or your local music store. They won't be waterproof, so you will need to seal the transmitter in a plastic bag & use something like a condom to protect the mic head. I would avoid systems where the transmitter is built into the head-band, as I suspect they would be much more difficult to seal.

Trantec make a "fitness instructor" headset mic that's said to be highly sweat resistant... couple that with a suitable beltpack in a zip up bag (or non lubricated condom) and you should be good to go....