HH stage monitors

revbobuk

Guys: need a couple of inexpensive powered stage monitors, not hugely demanding application in terms of power, and I have been looking at the HH Electronics VRM-10A Active Stage Monitor. Compact, neat form factor - but has anyone got experience of them? Is there anything else at a similar price point that I ought to be considering?

I was looking here, if that's helpful.

Edited by revbobuk

Personally I don't like having the connections on the back face (facing the audience) - maybe something like this?

Agreed, I had 4 wedges boxes made, some many years back, and put the sockets on the speaker face of my pair. The other pair were put on one side and the owner has always regretted it.

We've drifted well off topic, but my preference is as per Martin's LE1200s - underneath with routed channels to give options for cable exits. After that, give me a socket on each side. But to be honest, I can't say I've ever chosen my monitors by cable exit positions.

Back on topic, not come across the HHs, but the similar Behringers and Thomann's own Achats are both perfectly usable for the price.

I bought a couple of Thomann powered 15" wedges as a stop gap product and they've been pretty decent. Kicked about and not looked after and very solid. The pain chips off quite easily when they slide about in the van, but sound and electronics are very good. Quite loud too!

On the subject of the H&H wedges, worth pointing out these shouldn't be confused with the much loved vintage H&H gear of the 70s/80s, from H&H of Bar Hill, Cambridge. Or for that matter, gear from the years after they were acquired by BLT Industries and were in the West Midlands at the Headstock/Laney stable - again all great stuff.

H&H nowadays is just far east imports sporting the familiar badge, built lets say somewhat differently to the real deal (I know of original V800s still going strong that are pushing 50 years).

• 1 month later...
Just to finish this off - went for a couple of these, and we've been very satisfied. They do the job we wanted, and are very affordable. Surprisingly well made, and the controls on the back is a configuration that suits us well. Thanks for all the opinions!