Scaler controller for LED wall

Windpix

We've installed an LED video wall it is 2.6mm PP and is 4m wide x 2.5m high. This size is governed by the cabinets which consists of 1000mm x 500mm and 500mm x 500mm.

This means that we are not getting a 16:9 aspect ratio.

As the client wants to publish content from a Sky box it is to 16:9 ratio.

As I understand it, the novastar MCTRL660Pro is not a scaler and we've been told that we should use the Novastar VX6S instead.

I think most LED walls are not 16:9, so whichever way you look at it, you will need some form of scaler to scale the image so that it fills the entire wall, so why would the MCTRL660Pro not do this? I would have thought all LED wall controllers, with built in send cards, would have this functionality?

Can anyone supply any advice on the correct Novastar product?

Many thanks.

How many pixels per panel (horizontal / vertical)?

For an all in one solution you may want something like a novastar vx4s. Alternatively you could buy a separate scaler (Calibre, RGBlink, barco etc) to adjust your signal before it gets to the processor.

Hia there, thank you for your response.

I think you are confirming that the MCTRL660Pro wont do the job and it sounds like the VX6s is the right one. I'll look up the VX4s next.

The resolution is 1536 x 960

How many pixels per panel (horizontal / vertical)?

For an all in one solution you may want something like a novastar vx4s. Alternatively you could buy a separate scaler (Calibre, RGBlink, barco etc) to adjust your signal before it gets to the processor.

You are right that the 660's won't scale - but then they never make any claims to, so who ever specified the system didn't do it correctly, or didn't understand the equipment they were specifying.

I would think Novastar make products for different segments. We don't use the Nova sender/scalers - they are slow (adding latency) and the quality isn't as good as Barco or other high end scalers. But then I know of other companies that use the VX series with the built in scalers.