Update firmware on mac 250

AJDJ

Hello,

I have 2x Martin Mac 250 Entour. One of them seems to respond slower then the other. Example, if I have an effect going that is just tilt back and forth they both stay in sync at slow speeds but at higher speeds on moves first by half a second or so and slowly over about 10 seconds of this they go way out of sync but if I bring the speed back down to a slower speed they go back to being in sync again.

I’ve checked all my settings both on the fixtures and also in the software(Onyx) The only differences I can see is that the fixtures firmware is not the same... one is on 1.5 and the other is on 1.8. Could that make the difference?

If so that leads me to another issue, The manual says you need specific hardware to update theses but that hardware is not in production anymore.

What interface are you using for the Onyx software? If its one of the Martin USB DMX interfaces, then you can use that to update your fixtures. The software you need is the Martin Companion firmware tool, and one of the supported Martin DMX interfaces.

Edit: Elation now sell re-branded versions of the Martin DMX interfaces. Have a look here. Maybe one of those would work with the Martin Companion software?

Edited by gyro_gearloose

What interface are you using for the Onyx software? If its one of the Martin USB DMX interfaces, then you can use that to update your fixtures. The software you need is the Martin Companion firmware tool, and one of the supported Martin DMX interfaces.

Edit: Elation now sell re-branded versions of the Martin DMX interfaces. Have a look here. Maybe one of those would work with the Martin Companion software?

Ya.... I’m using an unknown USB to DMX thingy (it’s low end, pink plastic with a built in 3-pin xlr on it) ... I got it for free.. works great though! But not for updating fixtures apparently. Thanks for the link, I will check it out!

I've tried both ways, the same thing happens if I put them both on the same channel or on separate channels! so it's so strange........

I also installed the DMX software that my USB to DMX cable originally came with (Sweet Light) and the results are the same.

the only difference between the two are the firmware versions, so at this point I'm assuming Martin must have changed something that made the fixtures react a little faster. I'm going to try to borrow an update cable from a local shop and give it a try with them both being on the newest firmware.

I've tried both ways, the same thing happens if I put them both on the same channel or on separate channels! so it's so strange........

If they are doing the same thing responding to the same DMX address and you've done a factory reset of the fixture settings then it's highly likely that it's either a firmware issue or a hardware fault.

ya that's exactly what it seems like! hmmm... wonder if I were to edit the profile in the software to be a little slower on the faster unit..... maybe that will forces them to sync up... going to try to update the firmware first.

• 2 weeks later...
Fixed it!!!!!!!!!!! It was the firmware!!! Had to borrow an old LightJockey USBtoDMX and also had to download a super old version of light jockey, but first I had to install Windows XP on an old laptop to get it to work..... but now it’s finally up to date and the light runs at the same speed as the rest now.