Avolites cue list

ekul1978

Not really delved too deep in tot he cue lists on my pearl expert as I just normally tend to busk things or do individual states on faders and manually crossfade, but thought I would have a play around. Wondering how to make two cues fade between each other, ie cue 1 fades out and cue 2 fades in at the same time = Crossfade. Any quick tips?

You just set the fade in time for the new cue and the fade out time for the previous cue... unless I am misunderstanding the question?

If you press [View] then the select button for the cue list you get a list of cues up on the display and you can edit the times there by clicking on them - there are lots of other ways to set the times too.

yeah I have set the fade in times and fade out times but the next Q fires once the previous Q has finished. So for example Cue 1 fades out over 5 seconds then Cue 2 fades in over 5 seconds. I was just wondering how to make the both go a the same time so they fade in and out at the same time.

Or, are you sure you're not setting a delay rather than fade time?

Titan defaults fade out to 'As In' and will crossfade. So if you want to crossfade between two cues with equal in/out time all you need to do is set the fade in time.

Steps (tested using Titan v11.3):

2. - New show
  3. - Patch 2x dimmer
  4. - Avo+Exit (shortcut to 'Program' menu)
  5. - Open Capture Visualiser window (to visualise)
  6. - Select dimmer 1, @@
  7. - RECORD, [Cue List], <select empty playback handle>, <select the same playback handle again to record the first cue>
  8. - @ [0%]
  9. - Select dimmer 2, @@, <select playback handle again to record the second cue>
  10. - Exit
  11. - [Edit Times], <select playback> (to open Playback View window)
  12. - In Playback View window select 'Fade In' column header to highlight the Fade In cells for both cues
  13. - 5 <enter>
  14. - Fire playback
  15. - GO

= Dimmer 1 fades in over 5 sec.

- GO

= Dimmer 1 fades out and dimmer 2 fades in over 5 sec.

Thanks for the replies - I am using Titan but its not version 11, yet! I have the upgrade kit to add soon. nic, yeah its was fade times and not delay I was using but I will follow your instructions and see what happens, will Q2 fade in at the same time as Q1` fades out?. The desk is going back for a service soon anyway so I guess if anything is not working properly it will be flagged up.

...will Q2 fade in at the same time as Q1` fades out?...

Yes. Make sure Fixture Overlap is set to 100 (default). Setting this to 0 will make the cue wait until the previous cue has completed before beginning its fade. As far as I can remember it has always worked this way so version/hardware should be irrelevant.

Thanks :) I will give it a go. Like I don't really use it as I like to busk shows. Our kids never seem to hit the same spot for each show ** laughs out loud **. If it all goes pear shaped I can always ask at avo when I take the desk back.

Archived