Best Boom Mic stand

pete10uk

As it says in the title.

I'm after a long lasting classic boom mic stand for stage use, but there are loads of options.

I like K&M and am looking for something which won't fall apart after a few uses, something ideally with riveted rubber feet.

Any model number suggestions? I don't want to spent more than I need but equally I don't want it go cheap and have to replace them in a year or so.

Thanks

Beyer, AKG, etc. are K & M, with different knobs. I still regularly use a load of K & M (ST201/1?) nickel-plated (which was all they did then) boom stands I bought in the early1980s. Maintenance has been virtually non-existent, & the only sign of wear is scuffed paint on some of the bases.

E2A: If you want something that will last, avoid ALLthe Chinese ones, incl. Thomann, Studiospares, etc.

Thanks for the input.

I’ve opted for k&m 210/2

I’ve orded a full set of them as I’m fed up of picking up and mending peices of my current stock (most of the for mentioned Chinese verities)

I do have a couple of k&m in there which are a bit better than the worse ones I have but still not brilliant however I have identified these online as a cheeper k&m option, so hopefully the 210’s will do me a good service.

I have a good set of K&M speaker stands, I remember my eyes watering at the price when compared to the cheep ones but I’m at that point in life where I appreciate paying more for a product which will outlive me,and so far they are still in perfect condition 3 years in.

I do have a couple of k&m in there which are a bit better than the worse ones I have but still not brilliant however I have identified these online as a cheeper k&m option,......

Now you mention it I think K&M did start doing a (presumably Chinese-made) "budget" range, presumably in an attempt to compete with all the "cheap'n'nasties" out there.

Funnily enough, apart from having to replace nuts with nylocs, I've had no trouble with cheap speaker stands, though anything heavy goes on (now quite elderly) Powerdrives.

Archived