Zero 88 flx reviews

knightdan65

Looking at control options in a medium sized college theatre for predominantly generics with a small number of (older) moving heads and LEDs. I like the look of the FLX for its intuitivity and simplicity as much as it’s price point. I have however heard that it is a bit ‘buggy’ - almost like a beta product not ready for the market. Has anyone had bad experiences? Equally, what are your favourite things about it?

Thanks,

Dan

I like the FLX for all the reasons you mention.

At one of my places of work, the techs had some on demo a while back and muttered about issues booting but I felt like the ETC fanatics had mostly already set their sights on a handful of Colorsources anyway.

I also agree with the points mentioned. I find it very easy and fast to program and use.

I agree that occasionally there can be a stumble during boot, but once running the desk is very stable.

There is a large OS update coming later this quarter which is supposed to iron out some of these issues, as well as add in some new features too I believe.

Also the customer support from Zero88 is very good. Their forum is also a helpful place for any questions you might have and is frequently monitored by the admins.

Hi Dan, if you drop me an email (JonHole@Eaton.com) we might be able to arrange some training and/or demo if that’s helpful whilst you’re deciding? We have several free training dates dotted around the country, so hopefully one of them would be convenient for you - zero88.com/training

I've been using the FLX desk in my 130 seat College theatre for two and a half years now. It is a thing of beauty! Initially there were a couple of glitches but they got sorted out very quickly by Zero 88's excellent support team who have never failed to answer any questions I have posed to them.

I would recommend this desk 100%

Archived