Genie AWP

neilwf

For a very moderate rake, used properly, the Genie AWP series (and similar products from other manufacturers) offers some limited levelling by adjusting the outriggers.

For a rake of up to 6° (roughly 1 in 16) they also sell a "Super Straddle" that might also be useful for all sorts of other uses. (Gets you over seats, for example.) See page 16 of https://www.genielift.com/docs/default-source/products/aerial-work-platforms/en/awp-family-brochure-2017.pdf?sfvrsn=656cee1d_1

Assembly video: (Very slow!)

The GS3232 (mid-size scissor lift) can supposedly deal with 5°: https://www.genielift.com/en/aerial-lifts/Slab-scissor-lifts/gs3232 Quite big and heavy, though, so might just crush your poor old raked stage - check your loadings before going that way! Also, I believe the self-levelling only works along one axis, so your ability to reposition might not be great.

Failing that, some kind of "spider" boom lift might work.

How much space overall do you have?

We used to have a Nifty120 which is trailer mount.

- "light" in comparison to most other platforms

- "small" for a boom in that you can get it through double firedoors, so 1.2? 1.5? wide

- Manual. The feet like the superstradle are manual so you can lift or lower as needed. I do not know how much of an angle you can get on it but I think it would be enough depending on how much of a rake you have

It is cumbersome in that you can't exactly hit the place you want as easily as a tower or anything that drives, but with the right placement I would expect you can get most of your space. With pratice I could hit every spot in 13x8 with 2 positions.

They do have a telescopic boom also I think its still the same reach but heavier.

Archived