USB-C fed soundcards

djw1981

Hi

I'm after some advice regarding an external USB soundcard for a new-ish Macbook Pro with only USB-C ports.

We have 2 spaces within our church - we use a fixed PC in the main space which has permanent recording feed from sound desk to PC.

The second space is used by numerous groups so the sound system is fairly basic but allows a desk to be connected when required. We are getting some requests to record events in this second space. As a starting point, I plan to use my 2017 macbook pro running audacity. But I need an external soundcard, The macbook pro only has USB-C ports and whilst adapters are available, that's something else to lose / get disconnected etc.

Does anyone have any positive recommendations with USB-C external sound cards (a stereo input is sufficient)? Preferably with XLR in, though jack would be ok. Phono / minijack less so.

Archived