PTFE cable glands needed

Jivemaster

For an off topic project I need two real PTFE cable glands probably 6mm bore, with ptfe gasket. RS doesn't offer them, even by the big bag, can anyone offer me a source please? They will be too close to a pool chlorinator system for nylon to be sensible.

• 2 weeks later...
If only! The concentrate etches glass and eats stainless. PVC has a reasonable life fluorinated polymers have a good/long life.

My first experience of nylon glands for a swimming pool was:

"The pumps don't work" from the pool engineer.

When I got there the bottom of the steel control panel was almost totally missing long with the nylon glands, a leaking pipe had been 'squirting' the panel for 'several years' according to the customer.

The lock rings for the glands were still intact so obviously made of different material.

I manufactured a new panel and installed it to find the leaking pipe (part of the filter reverse flush circuit) was in fact still spraying three years later when I returned for another fault and found a hole in the bottom of the glass fibre enclosure I'd used but the PVC glands were OK.

If only! The concentrate etches glass and eats stainless. PVC has a reasonable life fluorinated polymers have a good/long life.

My first experience of nylon glands for a swimming pool was:

"The pumps don't work" from the pool engineer.

When I got there the bottom of the steel control panel was almost totally missing long with the nylon glands, a leaking pipe had been 'squirting' the panel for 'several years' according to the customer.

The lock rings for the glands were still intact so obviously made of different material.

I manufactured a new panel and installed it to find the leaking pipe (part of the filter reverse flush circuit) was in fact still spraying three years later when I returned for another fault and found a hole in the bottom of the glass fibre enclosure I'd used but the PVC glands were OK.

Archived