Mac 250 Entour

lightingup

I have a pair of mac 250 entours. Both of them have the same issue. Both of the colors and gobos are sticking. They all respond to commands (going to the correct gobo, color wheel, etc). I have my test cue lists and they all perform normal. When I manually enter attributes and go to clear them is when they stick. \

example

I put in slot 2 on gobo 1, magenta on the color wheel. then I clear everything. Bring the light to full again. All those previous attributes are stuck. When I twitch the encoder, it snap back to open gobo slot, same with the color wheel.

I can twitch the encoder and it will snap into open position

Ive replaced both sensors, even threw in whole new mods. Tried other boards, same issue. Im thinking maybe a bad wiring harness??

This sounds like a control (console) issue to me. Are you sure the colour and gobo attributes should change when you press clear on the controller you are using? This is not how all controllers work.

Which controller/console are you using?

Road Hog 3 Full Boar, and yes when you hit clear on this console, it should clear all "data" and return everything to home/open position.

If you set both fixtures to the same address do they both do the same thing? If no then I would say fixture fault, if yes then almost certainly issue at the console end, one way or another.

I have tried both 3 and 5 pins, changed universes/addresses. It only happens with these 2 lights, out of about 25 of them.

I take a 3rd 250 and it works flawlessly, when I clear everything goes back to home/open.

Edit: These same issue were happening in the show room (we run RH4 in show rooms). So its highly unlikely that's its a console issue.

Have you tried a factory Default of the fixture?

I would give that a go just on the off chance.

And if still happening try a clean shoe file and only patch those two fixtures.

If still happening, can you get hold of a DMX tester and try the channels individually on the fixture.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pair of mac 250 entours. Both of them have the same issue. Both of the colors and gobos are sticking. They all respond to commands (going to the correct gobo, color wheel, etc). I have my test cue lists and they all perform normal. When I manually enter attributes and go to clear them is when they stick. \

example

I put in slot 2 on gobo 1, magenta on the color wheel. then I clear everything. Bring the light to full again. All those previous attributes are stuck. When I twitch the encoder, it snap back to open gobo slot, same with the color wheel.

I can twitch the encoder and it will snap into open position

Ive replaced both sensors, even threw in whole new mods. Tried other boards, same issue. Im thinking maybe a bad wiring harness??

I would try changing the DMX receiver chip as it appears not to be registering packet information starting at "0".

Did you try swoping the main boards?

Hi

I'd go into menu and check that both EFSP is set to NORM and SCUT is set to ON, before you start tearing into the fixture.

In any case, if it was having a problem it would be screaming COER and GOER at you on reset.

You do know that there is also a diagnostic screen that lets you view the actual DMX values the unit is responding to as well, don't you?

All the best

Timmeh

Have you any labels on the decoder chips that tell you which software is loaded? Are they all the same? Maybe a version number may offer clues?

Hi

The decoder chips are the same for every 250en and kr board, regardless of revision number.

The fixture will tell you its software version on startup, although I suspect this is a setting problem rather than a fault.

All the best

Timmeh

Archived