Lab Gruppen FP10000Q amp

Just Some Bloke

We have a Lab Gruppen FP10000Q amp (4-channel, 500w per ch @4ohms). It was working fine yesterday and got left on last night. This morning it's still powering up fine but not outputting anything. The output meters are not showing a level but swapping it out with our other amp (same make) everything works fine. All four channels are the same.

We've looked inside and there is no sign or smell of burning. Everything looks hunky dorey and all the internal fuses meter out just fine.

We have noticed that it normally makes a click as you turn it on (which it still does), followed by another click once it has finished it's power-up cycle and unmutes. This second click does not now happen, so it looks like it may not be un-muting.

Any thoughts as to how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Can’t report post to mods as on mobile. But you might get more assistance if posted in Sound forum not crew room? :)

Moderation: Good point! As a mod myself I have moved it. I'm sure I clicked on 'Sound' then 'Add new topic'. Something obviously went wrong!

Archived