Rack mount kit for Soundcraft FX16 ii

soundman57

I'm looking to buy a rack kit for a Soundcraft FX16 ii mixer which I've just bought as it came without one.

And also a single yellow cap knob for the pan pot on ch 1 which was missing on purchase.

Rack kits are readily available from a few suppliers from around £40 upwards

Why J. P. Leisure think the kit is worth £69 though escapes me :( definitely not paying that much.

Thought I'd ask on here before buying new - does anyone have this rack kit, no longer needs it and would sell it to me for a very reasonable price please?!

Thanks,

Soundscape/Steve

Abbey Audio

Nottingham

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for but we had to fit an SX into a 23" rack and of course a kit is not available for it. Our local friendly aluminium supplier cut and folded a couple of pieces of plate. The mixer side mouldings were removed and used as a template for the hole drilling. Then primed and sprayed light straw to match the rack. Total cost was about £10 for metal plus paint.

I agree it's a good solution and inexpensive too. I may go down this route if the actual kit doesn't turn up s/h - most people selling a mixer previously racked would tend to

include the rack strip so I may be out of luck.

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for but we had to fit an SX into a 23" rack and of course a kit is not available for it. Our local friendly aluminium supplier cut and folded a couple of pieces of plate. The mixer side mouldings were removed and used as a template for the hole drilling. Then primed and sprayed light straw to match the rack. Total cost was about £10 for metal plus paint.

Archived