drag and drop

24seven

Does anyone know of a drag and drop style of program for lighting design

I would like to produce designs that are better than hand drawn with a stencil but I dont need the accuracy of CAD plus it would be handy to have them on my laptop for future reference .

any one have any ideas

oh yeh for mac or pc (but mac would be better) B-)

Mark W-E

24seven

Lighting & Backline Services

W - www.Concertlights.net

T - 0774 222 6715

E - 24seven@orange.net

turbocad,best bit is youll often find it free on magazine front covers

Turbo Cad Rocks!

The only downside is that when I started using it, I had to draw up templates of venues, lanterns, accesories etc. Although this took ages, it was worth it in the end.

I have since discovered sources of pre-drawn CAD symbols on the net.

I use a CAD software called ' Capture ', it has a live visualiser and a full report feature on it so you can produce lx plans, plots etc.

www.capturesweden.com <<< download the free demo

HTH

Jon

Sweetlight, admitedly not drag and drop, is great for visulising and it's not THAT hard to use the 3d visualiser. 2 screens would be handy otherwise you end up having to overlap the windows to get any sort of real functionality out of it, but it's free!

I totally RETRACT that last statement! It's ok, but lacks some severe usefulness, like the library is lacking in a fair few fixtures, and there aren't that many gobos loaded in etc so it's not necesarrily the best option

Does anyone know of a drag and drop style of program for lighting design

I would like to produce designs  that are better than hand drawn with a stencil but I dont need the accuracy of CAD plus it would be handy to have them on my laptop for future reference .

For this purpose I use Microsoft Visio. It is drag and drop and it produces good drawings which look much better than hand drawn with a stencil.

It is not specifically designed for Lighting but it serves this purpose. You will have to obtain a template for the particular lanterns or fixtures you plan to use. There are various versions posted on the web. I have one which I would mail you if it were of interest.

For this purpose I use Microsoft Visio.  It is drag and drop and it produces good drawings which look much better than hand drawn with a stencil.

It is not specifically designed for Lighting but it serves this purpose.  You will have to obtain a template for the particular lanterns or fixtures you plan to use.  There are various versions posted on the web.  I have one which I would mail you if it were of interest.

*Cough* Would that be several legal versions? :)

For this purpose I use Microsoft Visio.  It is drag and drop and it produces good drawings which look much better than hand drawn with a stencil.

It is not specifically designed for Lighting but it serves this purpose.  You will have to obtain a template for the particular lanterns or fixtures you plan to use.  There are various versions posted on the web.  I have one which I would mail you if it were of interest.

Was this poster perhaps talking about versions of lighting stencils? Those are free, aren't they? At least, that's how I read it..... ;)

David

The subject of the "various versions posted on the web" is "template for the particular lanterns or fixtures". I do not condone software piracy.

Distribution of user created templates is permitted.

I accept the witdrawal of your *Cough*

Archived