Mini Mac Profile

raicttec

I would really recommend not purchasing the moving lights, but hiring them when needed.

For £2800 you could buy an ex-hire Fat Frog, and still have sufficient funds for hiring 20 "units" - be it 5 x Mac 500 for 4 weeks, or 2 x Mac 600NT for 10 weeks - you can chop and choose between wash and spot fixtures, hire a combination of the two for one of your "big musicals" and you don't have to learn (or afford) to maintain the units - bear in mind that a mac 500 lamp can set you back £60/70. This way you have access to the latest in moving light technology as and when it becomes available - Mac 250 Kryptons are just coming out, which are brighter than the original Mac 250s and sure to be popular with hire companies (there are also another version of the Mac 250 just about to come out, which is the equivilant to the 250+ and will probably be more popular still)

If you are having infrastructure (IWB's etc) put in, get Data lines put in onto the IWBs - it will save a lot of (?ugly) cabling as and when you use moving lights.

If the £2800 has to be spent on purchased items, what about a couple of scrollers for P64s? These have far less maintenance (assuming they are not fiddled with too much - if you loosen the spools or anything like that)

Again, this is just my opinion, but I feel that spending £2800 on moving lights is a false economy.

Also think about safety bonds, if you decide to purchase - they're not likely to come free, and being a school situation you're going to have to make sure they're rated etc.

HTH

Peter

Karl,

I'd suggest speaking to Andy Holland at Robe and try and get some units to play with... I spoke to Andy briefly at ABTT and he said if I ever wanted to buy Robe lights to contact him/Robe and they'd be able to supply some demo units.

The beauty of that is that you can see exactly what you want to do with your space and rig etc etc.

HTH

Stu

It's true we are in the process of launching our "own" aggressively priced moving lights. We will be previewing 3 of the 4 models next week at the AC Lighting North 2003 Trade Show in Leeds. The official launch is at PLASA.

We will have TourSpots and TourWash fixtures in 250W and 575W versions. The feature set of the units are basic but the reliability is fantastic, kinda like the Chroma-Q Original philosophy.

The units are manufactured by an experienced manufacturer in the EU. However, we will be looking after the support ourselves in the UK.

We like to think that they will compliment our current Martin, Clay Paky, High End offerings and address the new cheaper non-EC imported products currently appearing.

I hope this answers your questions. If you need any more info, please contact me directly glyn.odonoghue@aclighting.com or 01494 838305, as I don't want to be accused of using this forum incorrectly .

Glyn O'Donoghue

A.C. Lighting Ltd.

It's a tough thing not being very busy at work. I miss read the last post as:

It's true we are in the process of launching our "own" aggressive moving lights

Fighting moving lights!! Brillant robot wars in the rig. Without the rawk voice overs.

Lunch time soon.

Fighting moving lights!! Brillant robot wars in the rig. Without the rawk voice overs.

Lunch time soon.

So - do you reacon you could create a moving light monster for fighbox?

Hi All

Following up from Glyn, the AC Lighting trade show is on 15th and 16th July at the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds.

You can register on line at www.aclighting.com

There will also be over 50 other major lighting and sound manufacturers exhibiting so plenty to see.

Thanks

Adam

I have bought secondhand kit from AC over the years....in fact that is how I first got to know of them. A Sirius 48 bought about three years ago still going strong! They always have some interesting things for sale which you would not normally buy at even trade.

Archived