Cheap wireless DMX power adapter

weazel91

Hey guys,

I am looking for the barrel size of the cheap generic wireless DMX adapters that are going around.

i.e. https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1989ZIVXXXXbHXXXXq6xXFXXXX/200584638/HTB1989ZIVXXXXbHXXXXq6xXFXXXX.jpg

It seems to be the pretty small ones. They pull 5v so ideally what I'm looking for is a USB to power barrel to power this from a power bank.

Don't ask, small project.

Thanks in advance,

C

It's not a "standard" product from one manufacturer so there won't be a standard power connector size - due to the way chinese manufacturing works you will probably find that multiple units in the same purchase might have slightly different sized connectors as the plugs come in sizes only 1/4mm different so look (at casual glance) to be the same as each-other. There's no avoiding the fact that you will have to wait until you get your hands on the actual units or buy multiple spares in advance. The good news is that fleabay and amazon have lots of suppliers selling USB to dc power connectors so once you know the exact size needed you will almost certainly find several solutions off the shelf

It's not a "standard" product from one manufacturer so there won't be a standard power connector size

It's probably a 3.5mm DC barrel plug. I have a similar wireless DMX unit and the PSU is 5V 1A, 3.5mm plug, centre +ve.

This is a fairly standard size used in tablets and USB hubs.

Amazon eBay

Obviously, double-check yours (compare it with a 3.5mm mini headphone jack if you don't have a vernier), but if you really struggle, I have a few solder-on USB plugs.

It might be a 2.5mm plug, but I would be surprised if it was any different to the wireless DMX kit I have.

From the relative size of the barrel to the plug moulding I'd have guessed the one in the picture was 2.5mm - that and 3.5mm are very common.

Just point out visually similar 2.1mm barrel on some things that dosen`t interchange with 2.5mm

From the relative size of the barrel to the plug moulding I'd have guessed the one in the picture was 2.5mm - that and 3.5mm are very common.

Just point out visually similar 2.1mm barrel on some things that dosen`t interchange with 2.5mm

Also note the 2.1mm/2.5mm measurements you are all giving refer to the hole inside the barrel, not the barrel itself which is usually 5.5mm diameter, though there are mini versions used on nokia phones.

Archived