Software for plans - need to change

paulears

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've long intended to give the demo a proper spin but I always associated OmniGraffle with flowcharts and schematics. Does it have scale drawing / cad-lite functions?

The pro version certainly has scale - not sure about the regular and demo versions.

I just got Vectorworks installed - seems interesting?

Vectorworks Spotlight is a pro-level tool but comes at a pro-level price. The feature set has been rapidly expanding and thereby one risks paying for tools that you don't get a lot of use of just knocking out the odd drawing or shoving some lighting symbols over a PDF that has been sent through.

The more basic VW toolset gives you a similar pro-level of CAD functionality as AutoCAD etc.

My recent issues with VW have been related to network licensing, bugs and it being costly to run large numbers of seats for an edu purpose.

Spotlight is much more stage lighting orientated than AutoCAD and there is a reason that many pro LDs choose it.

Archived