AVO 'mode 3' on Chamsys

numberwrong

Hello, how do you create an AVO style mode 3 cue on Chamsys?

Eg. I have 3 cues running, show, stage wash and a house lights. I want a video cue to fade in, when it does I want it to fade out the current cues running. When I fade out the video cue I want the other cues to restore to the set levels.

Also, how do you patch the same universe to multiple DMX outs on the desk?

(Read manual, couldn't fine the answers soz)

Thanks

Universe copy:

- For example you want that universe 3 sends out the same data as universe 1

- goto Setup - View DMX I/O

- in the column copy of Universe 3 you fill in : 1 (=Univ 1)

- now all data from universe 1 will be copied to universe 3

S'been a while since I used Avo enough to know the intricacies of Mode 3 in Titan but what it looks like you are wanting is something that overrides HTP levels using the video cue, as well as the LTP. And then restores them once the fader is brought down.

My first thought would be to set the HTP channels that you wanted to be off/down during the video cue in that cue and then set the video cue playback View Options / Advanced to All Channels Controlled LTP.

Set a release time too, if you want a smoother transition. This would avoid having to get the playback to release others and reinstate them etc. It's a fairly simple solution, and if you wanted full 'manual' control over the moves/fades you could set the video cue fader to Fader Controls LTP.

Many other options in this situation don't solve the fact that the dimmer levels are HTP by default and so leaving the other cues faders up will usually leave the fixtures in that cue at the highest level on any of the faders. The above solution would be a way of getting around that.

You could use a cuestack macro to release the other three cues when you fire your video cue.

Only thing is you would need to activate the original cues again with another cue unless some knows any better?

Or; create an intensity master for the lights you want to go out during the video state, means you can have your keys, back and fill on seperate faders, set a level that you don't want to adjust, and only have one fader to pull them in and out

Archived