Strand Patt 223

Yorkie

I've taken apart a couple of old green Patt 223's to rewire them but have stripped the heads on some of the assembly screws in the process. They seem to be slightly bigger than a M3.5 and smaller than an M4. I guess they are sort of imperial machine screw but I have no idea. Does anyone here know what size they are so I can find replacements?

I have an exploded diagram for the Pattern 123 Fresnel Spotlight and Accessories - screws used are

Index 22 Screw 2BA x 7/8" Csk. (with circlip groove) qty 1 for lamp focus knob

Index 30 Hex Bolt 3/8" Whit. x 1 1/2" qty 1 - for hook clamp

Index 31 Screw 2BA x 3/8" Ch. Hd. qty 1 - holds reflector onto slide

Index 32 Screw 4BA x 9/16" Ch. Hd. qty 2 - cable clamp

Index 33 Screw 4BA x 7/16" Ch. Hd. qty 2 - lampholder slide

Index 34 Screw 4BA x 7/16" Csk. qty 2 - part of lamp catch

Index 35 Screw 4BA x 5/16" Csk. qty 4 - part of lamp slide

Index 36 Screw 4BA x 1/4" Ch. Hd. qty 1 - earth clamp

In summary, the early Pattern series of lanterns used BA screws. You should be able to find locally, or tap out to a metric thread, or ask someone on the forum if they have spare screws.

I've taken apart a couple of old green Patt 223's to rewire them but have stripped the heads on some of the assembly screws in the process. They seem to be slightly bigger than a M3.5 and smaller than an M4. I guess they are sort of imperial machine screw but I have no idea. Does anyone here know what size they are so I can find replacements?

Strand stuff from that era is pretty much all BA screws. They are readily available, have a look on ebay, Amazon and model engineering and car restoration companies. I think I bought my last batch and some BA taps from http://www.ba-bolts.co.uk/

Super info, thanks gents. Will now be looking for some 4BA 1/2" pan pozi

For authenticity they're probably Phillips, not Pozi!!

Good point, I think that's how I messed 'em up in the first place

Archived