Does anyone not do PAR64 led long nose cans anymore?

Louis sullivan NLS

Hi all, Yet another LED topic...

I am looking for some 'chrome' RGBW PAR64 LED fixtures in long nosed cans.

I would certainly prefer them as long nose, so that they would match the classic PARs they will be sharing the rig with. obviously with the 4 runner clips in the front to hold filter holder/ barndoors.

These used to be available but nowadays its pretty hard to find any half decent LED fixtures still in traditional PARcans let alone long or 'chrome'

Anyone who could point me in the direction of some would be muchly appreciated..

Local to you is the Stairville LED PAR64 Pro

One company I buy from in China MS Lighting has a long nose PAR 64 COB LED fixture in the standard case style.

Some Chinese suppliers also have barn doors on them.

You can find a few 60 degrees beam width COB LED PAR's with no fans, up to 100W, but they are short nose PAR 64 with barn doors.

• 3 weeks later...

As I found out the other day, Source 4 fixed beam top hats happen to fit onto Chauvet's Colorado 1 Solo fixture (Which, in my opinion is much more pleasant than the ProLights offering, both if you're looking into the fixture or when colour mixing), which almost turn them into a 'proper' parcan.

I've not tried the Colorado 2 or 3 Solo fixtures yet, but if they're anything like the Colorado 1 Solo, they'd be pretty nifty. Looks like the accessory holder may even accept S4 Par/Zoom accessories.

Ian

(In no way connected to Chauvet, just a happy user of this particular product!)

I know this is the classic 'not what you asked' reply, but if there's a particular LED can that you like, could it be financially sensible to change all the conventional fixtures instead so they match? Depending on how many there are a par can is only about 20 quid.

As I found out the other day, Source 4 fixed beam top hats happen to fit onto Chauvet's Colorado 1 Solo fixture

Hopefully this means that Chauvet have now 'standardised' their colour/accessory runners to a size which accepts widely-available third-party products. At my last venue we bought a whole bunch of Colorado Pro washlights (two batches in fact, most recently 54 Quad Zoom Tours which are really nice), and the only area where they fell down was the amount of flare they produced. But could we find a top-hat which would fit them? Could we buggery. We ended up having to buy something which was close, but a fraction too big (can't remember what size it actually was), and get busy with the tin-snips and files to nibble the edges down so that they would fit into the Colorados. Great wash lights, though ..

As I found out the other day, Source 4 fixed beam top hats happen to fit onto Chauvet's Colorado 1 Solo fixture

And as we found out some years back, dropping an ETC S4 PAR lens into the colour frame of a Colorado Tri Tour (same size as the Colorado1 I believe) means that you can break up the RGB array on the Tours a bit and diffuse the beam nicely... :)

NOT what the OP was looking for but good to know anyway :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, Yet another LED topic...

I am looking for some 'chrome' RGBW PAR64 LED fixtures in long nosed cans.

I would certainly prefer them as long nose, so that they would match the classic PARs they will be sharing the rig with. obviously with the 4 runner clips in the front to hold filter holder/ barndoors.

These used to be available but nowadays its pretty hard to find any half decent LED fixtures still in traditional PARcans let alone long or 'chrome'

Anyone who could point me in the direction of some would be muchly appreciated..

Depends on the quality you're looking for, we got some 'Pulse' units from CPC last summer.

Archived