Anyone know where to get something similar?

pete10uk

It's to go above a suspended ceiling, so won't swing.

In the past I've made some from wood sat on the grid with a couple of safety's but the customer has asked for this.

Looks perfect but guess it will cost a small fortune.

Chief do the same/similar suspended ceiling mounting kits and have UK Distribution - http://www.chiefmfg.com/Series/Suspended%20Kits

Joe

The Chief dealer is Milestone. Last time I worked on a job needing these mounts, we found various suppliers online doing parts of the Chief range such as ebuyer.com or handtec.co.uk, though I think we actually built something out of wood in the end!

thats very similar but not exactly the same as a cheif cms 440 - list price about 90.00 so its not exactly a small fortune and its a better solution than a plank of wood. We sell them as do plenty more. For a full system you need to add a cheif mount plus a pole of appropriate length. It sits on the ceiling supporting rails and the design allows the mount to go anywhere, the four wires have gripples and its designed to sit on the frame allthough you could mount it above.

The tray itself looks very clever - it was the method of suspension shown in the picture that bothered me.

Yes the trays look very clever, I think like my wooden versions I've previously made the cables are just used to take the weight and as safety's, the tray sits on the grid.

The use of Gripples for this kind of project is perfect, theres always things in a roof void to hang from, they just tend not to be directly above where you are wanting them, so the 4 point cable system is very flexible.

Price wise works out at about £100 more than a bit of wood and a cheap universal bracket, but I could get that by the majority of jobs I do.

That said I've never been a big fan of chief mounts, when I have come across them in the past, they have always seemed a bit bulky, I personally like to get a projector as flush to the ceiling as possible.

Im guessing Building control don't ever get to see your wooded projector suspensions as they might take a view on them.

Speaking as someone who has installed a good number of the chief mounts, its a really well thoughtout solution and the box comes with all the options you need and you dont have to make anything or collect bits from different suppliers which saves a load of time onsiteso to my mind its the cheap option in the long run. theres also nothing to stop you mating the cms440 with a cheap universal mount , indeed a vision mount ceiling plate will fit the cms frame without any drilling.... I find that the cheif stuff on paper looks slightly expensive but their mounts sepecially the fusion wall mounts have a lot of features that make instalations really fast to do so spending a few quid more saves a lot of time, and ultimately times almost the most finite and expensive commodity.

Archived