Showtec wash 250

topsy100

A friend of mine has 4 showtec wash 250 lights he recently purchased second hand. Lights are in as new condition. I borrowed them for a show and one of the four behaves differently to the other three i.e. When you park the lights three have shutter open but one has shutter closed? I have been through settings and all 4 are set exactly the same am I missing a trick? Anyone got any experience of this type of lamp?

Cheers

More likely just revised DMX attributes in a later version. My old retired AC Lighting washes were like this - two later versions had the focus direction swapped! I gave up with trying to get revised firmware, and just made a mk2 version with the directions swapped and used two differnt head files

Cheers guys bizarrely if I run them using version 9.1 of titan the opposite happens so maybe it's an issue as you say with slightly different attributes on this occasion just took the odd ball out of my rig but probably need to speak to avo cheers

The most likely reason for the difference between Titan versions is that the personality library is not up-to-date in one of them.

There is nothing in the Avo personality library under Showtec called 'Wash 250' but I did notice that I inverted the dimmer in the 'Phantom 250 Color Wash' on 22/2/16 in response to a customer bug report. So it does look like there are probably different firmwares out there for this where the dimmer behaviour has been adjusted and that you have a mixture of the two.

Assuming this is the same fixture and that the issue is with the dimmer control rather than the shutter then I would suggest the easiest solution is to invert the dimmer in Titan Patch/Attribute Behaviour for the fixture that does not light on locate.

If the issue is with the shutter control then I think the easiest solution would be to update the locate value in Titan by selecting just the problem fixture, set shutter to 'Open' and then RECORD/Locate/Locate (make sure after pressing Locate the first time that it is not set to record shared values otherwise it will apply to all instances rather than just the one fixture).

Archived