Help finding a value

/skn

I posted ages ago that my place (mostly props) seemed to also be battling for space with stuff that never gets used and just get in the way. The example I gave turned out to be perhaps worth a few quid. I'm just the storage guy so not familiar with the correct terminology, but it's a touring rack with 6 executive 1210-X IGBT dimmers.

It (finally) got sent back to ETC who ran it up for a basic test with the following results.

Test report RMA 45040877

Test requirements: Basic functionality only

Device under test: IES Touring rack, containing 6x Executive 1210-X IGBT

The device under test contains 6 Executive 1210-X IGBT dimmers.

The input is via CEEForm 63A 3Ph+N+E.

Each Executive dimmer is protected via a C50 MCB and RCD (In 63A, I∆n 30mA).

Output via 12x 16Pin Harting connectors (lectriflex) wired in traditional UK 6 circuit (1 – Live 1, 2 –Neutral 1, 3 – Live 2, 4 – Neutral 2….13,14,15,16 N/C, Shell CPC) was tested for basic dimming functionality only.

Each circuit was tested via DMX A and DMX B with an Artistic Licence Microscope 3a.

It was found that every circuit physically dims, but each circuit also had dimming fluctuations of varying degrees.

- - - -

So, I need to try and sell it, but I have no idea of it's value. I'm not trying to circumvent having to pay BR a few quid, happy to do that and then some, it's just I don't really know where to price it.

Any suggestions and advice is very welcome. I'll pop up a pic later if helps.

They are exotic things IGBT dimmers, advantage was absolute silence from filament lamps when dimmed, can also output lower than input voltage for lower voltage gear.

Disadvantage is that they are exotic things, amazingly complex internally and the elephant in the room "each circuit also had dimming fluctuations of varying degrees"

Think it was Barbican that had an expensive spat with supplier of early IGBT dimmers that wouldn`t dim all the same on all the channels.

Its not an unknown issue.

Dimmers in general may be entering the late autumn of their practical life, like massive analogue sound desks, things are moving on.

It`s certainly not increasing in value, the rack and power distribution have a value , the dimmers main value may be to somewhere needing spares.

Gearsource Europe has worked for me in past, can take a while before right buyer passes by.

Think it was Barbican that had an expensive spat with supplier of early IGBT dimmers that wouldn`t dim all the same on all the channels.

Indeed and IIRC they were IES dimmers.

So what is a rack with 12 x 10Amp dimmers worth? Dimmers which have issues and are un-serviceable?

A pair of Betapack 1s in a rack with demux sold on eBay the other week for £127. Whilst also obsolete they are at least fixable. So, in answer to your question, somewhat less than £127.

It was found that every circuit physically dims, but each circuit also had dimming fluctuations of varying degrees.

I'd say value both monetary and usefulness comes down to this. How much the dimming fluctuations are. Say 1% unlikely that anyone will notice, but at some point it would become obvious and using multiple channels together will become difficult. Any further info you have one this?

Archived