Zarges 3 Part Trade Skymaster Ladder

BenEdwards

Stage Electrics in Bristol? Ask for Pete White pete.white@stage-electrics.co.uk

Or Central Theatre Supplies in Brum? Ask for Ian Knight ian@centraltheatresupplies.co.uk

My last Zarges came from Ian at CTS, and I think it was the one you're talking about getting. Recommended.

Thanks, what is the difference between the between the Starline and the Skymaster?

Looks like the Starline may now be called Eurostar. They cost less, weigh about 70% as much as the Skymaster and have no brace bars. Love my 3x7 trade and 3x12 industrial (the latter preferably with a friend however)

Stage Electrics in Bristol? Ask for Pete White pete.white@stage-electrics.co.uk

Or Central Theatre Supplies in Brum? Ask for Ian Knight ian@centraltheatresupplies.co.uk

My last Zarges came from Ian at CTS, and I think it was the one you're talking about getting. Recommended.

Thanks for the plug again Kevin (we really do owe you a sticky bun!) - I've had an eMail from Ben and sent a link to our online shop where we list most of the Skymaster range. :)

Poster on here called madorangepanda is a Zarges dealer - company is Precipitous Ltd. (https://precipitous.co.uk) and gave me great service when I was looking for access equipment.

Thanks for the plug.

Starline are a cheaper range of ladders, more suited for DIY use. Made by Tubesca who are no longer part of the Zarges group.

Eurostar ladders are replacing the Starline ones, still a cheap ladder suited for DIY use.

Trade or Industrial Skymasters are the ones 99% of people in the entertainment industry go for, and for good reason.

There's a brief explanation of the differences between the Trade and Industrial models here https://precipitous.co.uk/zarges-combination-ladders

Yes there are other manufacturers, but realistically as madorangepanda said (and I suspect not just as a Zarges dealer) there's a reason why Zarges are so widely used in the production industry.

I first bought a 3x10 Skymaster Trade back in 2007. It doesn't get heavy use compared to many, but it's been flawless (apart from needing a replacement stabiliser bar after I stupidly reversed over it while it was lying on the ground) and doesn't show any significant signs of wear. I honestly reckon it's the best purchase I've ever made for my business, and at the time was quite a significant investment for me.

And after several years of trying to persuade one particular marquee company I work with that they should invest in some, I finally received the call one day a year or 2 back - "What's that ladder you've got, we're going to get some?". I believe their guys love them, especially in comparison to the slightly rickety, poorly maintained ladders they were previously using.

As for where to buy - if you're cost sensitive like me then my personal recommendation would be to find out exactly which model you want and start Googling for some cheaper prices, then start some old fashioned negotiating.

Archived