Fitting ChromaQ scrollers to Strand T84s

fireball40k

We have been kindly donated some ChromaQ scrollers that I wish to fit onto our ageing Strand T84 spots to make them a bit more useful.

On their mounting faces, the scrollers have four screw threads located at the corners of a 150mm square. To this are normally bolted a range of plates that match the gel slot of whichever lantern they're being attached to. However, the T84 has an internal gel slot that would not allow such a plate to enter. They do, however, have four screw holes at the corners of a 150mm square. So, I'd like to mount the scroller body directly to the front of the T84 nose. However, the threads of the scroller will be directly facing the threads of the T84 (and they're different size threads).

Has anyone had experience of mounting differing threads directly opposite each other and maybe know of any suitable mini brackets that might allow the bolts in one set of threads to securely hook up with the bolts in the opposite set of threads?

I'm not familiar with the nose of a T84 but looking at a pic on the web could you simply use 4 x angle brackets bolted to the scroller and 4 bolted to the lantern then bring the two together and bolt the two sets of brackets to each other.

Archived