LED Starcloth

kermit

At the budget end of the market, NJD cloths look surprisingly good, but we found them to be quite fragile. They seem to dislike being folded, and the internal wiring is incredibly thin.

I now have a bunch of LEDJ cloths, which have larger LEDs in a less dense pattern. This doesn't look quite as attractive to my eye, but they have survived much longer so I am far happier overall.

I don't think I've ever noticed any strobing with either model. The LEDs in the LEDJ model are actually quite tight dispersion, so each LED will poke a tiny beam through heavy smoke.

At the budget end of the market, NJD cloths look surprisingly good, but we found them to be quite fragile. They seem to dislike being folded, and the internal wiring is incredibly thin.

I now have a bunch of LEDJ cloths, which have larger LEDs in a less dense pattern. This doesn't look quite as attractive to my eye, but they have survived much longer so I am far happier overall.

I don't think I've ever noticed any strobing with either model. The LEDs in the LEDJ model are actually quite tight dispersion, so each LED will poke a tiny beam through heavy smoke.

The offering from NJD is why I asked about touring vs install.

Good for the money but they dont survive being rigged and de-rigged very well as they are solid core cable!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know whether SSLD sell the cloths they make as well as hire them but they are a robust design and the PWM frequency is quite high so little to no strobing effect. www.ssld.co.uk

SSLD does NOT make the cloths, but he does have a lot in hire stock.

These are all ShowLED cloths (I have a couple of RGB ShowLED cloths at y venue and occasionally hire more when needed).

These are well made and quite hardy cloths.

After I queried ShowLED directly for another quote I needed, I got a response from one of their main UK dealers (not sure if they're the ONLY one...).

http://starcloth.co.uk/products/led-starcloth-(sale).html

Archived