Another LED Par question

ekul1978

ahhh that's interesting to know as I was a little worried about the warranty if I swopped the plug over.

If you are returning due to a fault, they do not mind if you have changed the plug (as long as that is all you've done). It's a couple of years since I had to do this so it might be worth an email/call to them to check.

3 yr warranty is a good move - but doesn't get around the fact that you won't ever get a replacement, you get something similar with all the quirks mentioned above. I have a dozen thomann sourced LED bars. I now have 5 of one and 7 of another in terms of DMX control. As I'm hopeless at records and labelling, I often get them mixed up, always meaning to label them when I put them away, but rarely do.

Even the internals can be different - replacement power supplies that have 4 terminals instead of 3, or boards that need you to hack the header connectors with cutters to make them fit. Different gobos, or the same ones in the wrong order, or different colours in the wheels, let alone the DMX attributes being a bit random. It just means ordering more than you need, and then calling it quits on that version.

Archived