Zero88 Sirius 48 replacement sliders

BenEdwards

Seems there are quite a few Sirius desks languishing in corners of warehouses! I used to like it a lot, and can't bear to sling it in a skip, I'd rather it was broken for parts as there is no real prospect of me ever using it again I suspect.

I loved mine back in 1991 and if I was still active and working on a small scale show with conventional lanterns I'd be happy to stick with one now. If I had one here I'd feel the same as you.

To move this forward a little...

I've checked with Zero88 and they have the faders on the shelf and I've certainly had no heads up from Keith to say "Stockpile some..."

What will mislead folks unwittingly is that there is no section in the Zero88 Spares price List for Sirius/Lighmaster/XL or Level 12's - if the original enquiry had been made to a Zero88 dealer who didn't do their own repairs (and just return to Zero88) - they wouldn't know that the Level 6 fader is the same item with the same part code. I checked my original spares price list from 8 years ago to confirm this...

The Level 6 DMX is essentially an analogue Level 6 with a slightly different PCB - the faders are the same which are the same as the Sirius.

On this basis I've sold some to a fellow Blue Room'er today and we're happy to supply to anyone else from the Blue Room (on mainland UK) at a discounted £4 each per fader plus VAT and postage at £3.95 (stop laughing Kevin!) drop me a PM and I'll pass on my works eMail if anyone wants some.

WOW, PMd first person who offered but what a great response. Mike Shaw (a local genius who fixes theatre stuff) was the guy was got it working (at leat temporarily). He is going to come back but is verry busy and it would be good to have a spare anyway. I did PM xllx but was wondering if his is the best to get. Several people seem to have them going spare but was wondering if people knew if they were in good working order?

Also wondering if anyone is going to be passing through Bristol. I would imagine they are a bit of a bugger to package up to post and the journey through the postal service may not do it much good. Just a thought.

Ben

To move this forward a little...

I've checked with Zero88 and they have the faders on the shelf and I've certainly had no heads up from Keith to say "Stockpile some..."

What will mislead folks unwittingly is that there is no section in the Zero88 Spares price List for Sirius/Lighmaster/XL or Level 12's - if the original enquiry had been made to a Zero88 dealer who didn't do their own repairs (and just return to Zero88) - they wouldn't know that the Level 6 fader is the same item with the same part code. I checked my original spares price list from 8 years ago to confirm this...

The Level 6 DMX is essentially an analogue Level 6 with a slightly different PCB - the faders are the same which are the same as the Sirius.

On this basis I've sold some to a fellow Blue Room'er today and we're happy to supply to anyone else from the Blue Room (on mainland UK) at a discounted £4 each per fader plus VAT and postage at £3.95 (stop laughing Kevin!) drop me a PM and I'll pass on my works eMail if anyone wants some.

Yes, Mike Shaw through they were the same as the L6 and spoke to his man at Z88 and they fessed up (after they had stopped laughing that someone was still using one of these desks).

Thanks for that, will give you a shout if we need any,

Archived