Christie Projector 'LOCKED'

Ynot

Been trying to figure out how my Christie LW701i projector has gotten locked - ie I can't make ANY changes to the setup either from the remote or the main panel on the machine - and I need to switch to HDMI, zoom & focus etc before we use it for a showing this evening - so panicking a little !!

There's a LOCK button on the remote but hitting it in any of several ways does not have any effect I can see...

So - anyone familiar with the Christies that can help...??

Not specifically for that model, but I found a manual for a different christie product which suggested that it may be needing a PIN code - 1234 is the default.

Or - the remote and the projector top panel can be independently locked out - if one is locked, try using the controls on the other.

If all else fails, power off, disconnect mains, then power back on while holding “SELECT”

Not specifically for that model, but I found a manual for a different christie product which suggested that it may be needing a PIN code - 1234 is the default.

Or - the remote and the projector top panel can be independently locked out - if one is locked, try using the controls on the other.

If all else fails, power off, disconnect mains, then power back on while holding "SELECT"

Will try a couple of those later after the movie showing has come down, but after 30 mins or so talking to the US support guy, he said that it SHOULDN'T be possible to lock out both the remote AND the back-panel controls on the machine. So this sounds like something a bit more serious.

That said, I did manage to log into the projector via the LAN and make enough changes to let me go ahead with tonight's film, which was a relief.

I just need to sort out why its locked & how I get out of it - will speak with the UK support on the morrow. :)

OK - sounds like this may not be a unique issue...

I mailed the UK Christie support last night and got the following response this morning (so kudos for the speedy reply, Christie :) )

I believe from you description this issomething we have seen a couple of times, on the remote there is a buttoncalled “OSD MSG”.This is easy to catch and the on screendisplay message that goes with it is in the bottom right hand corner so youwouldn’t necessarily notice it.

OSD MSG cycles through the options forwhat reacts and is visible onscreen…

If you press ‘OSD MSG’ on the remote youcan select ‘ON’ ‘Off’ or ‘HIDE’, once ‘HIDE’ has been selected the behavior isas described where it will only respond to power on and off even if you do afull power cycle it remains.

To get out of this you have to press andhold ‘OSD MSG’ for a long time about 30 seconds to a minute, the menu will comeback up, you can then reselect ‘ON’.

Let us know how you get on.

I'll be popping down to the venue later to give this a try.

Archived