BGT

mnoise1

Hi,

After watching BGT final the other night I was slightly confused as too what exactly the interference was between the handheld and the iem moulds during one of the backstage chats. It wasn't untill Ant moved the mould did the problem disappear. I imagine it's something to do with the high tx power of the handheld but I could be wrong.

M

It seems to me as squelch. The iem tx was turned off and the iem was just picking up static. Or for some reason they were transmitting white / pink noise down the iem system.

I don't think it was direct interference we were hearing, just the girl being interviewed was also wearing a lapel and the iem ear phones were just resting next to the lapel.

Just been on the Sennheiser wireless course with work and can highly recommend it as it has enlightened me even after 36 years in broadcast.

Over 100+ channels used on BGT and not surprising there can be interference and if you can get hold of this book and it will possibly explain why:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/GaryNattrass/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskzxmh3km.jpeg

Archived