Bosch DCN-WD Wireless Conference Mic

smalljoshua

Hello all,

I've got a Bosch DCN wireless conference mic system here with one of the DCN-WD Wireless units constantly forgetting it's attachment to the network (it's an old 802.11B style 2.4GHz network) I've not got the unit in front of me as the site is an hours drive away. Other units in the system have had this issue which Bosch have acknowledged is an issue and have repaired them (for a good sum of money I may add) however they are now refusing to repair any more of these units as the EOL'd the entire range about 18 months ago now.

Does anyone have any schematics for these units or alternatively has experience repairing them? If so, I've got 2 units here which I need doing. There is budget to get this done properly however a fairly fast turn around (2 weeks) would be ideal.

Thanks,

Josh

Sorry this is not at all helpful!

but I've seen Bosch mics in the past and even though I see Bosch as a good brand (my dishwasher and washing machine and even drill driver have been Bosch for years) but I've never been tempted to even look at the mic's. Equally I would keep well away from a Senheiser Dishwasher.

Sorry this is not at all helpful!

but I've seen Bosch mics in the past and even though I see Bosch as a good brand (my dishwasher and washing machine and even drill driver have been Bosch for years) but I've never been tempted to even look at the mic's. Equally I would keep well away from a Senheiser Dishwasher.

Seriously?!? Bosch are a pretty respected brand in the world of installed and paging audio. As you say, not helpful...

Seriously?!? Bosch are a pretty respected brand in the world of installed and paging audio. As you say, not helpful...

Didn't Bosch just buy up the Philips range (mostly quite reasonable stuff) & slap their name on it?

I agree, the Bosch equipment does seem to be good quality well built equipment. An 8 year old system with a 5% failure rate all within the last 2 years isn't bad considering the use they get.

I just need to get them fixed!

Josh

And Bosch own EV and Dynacord, not exactly shabby audio brands!

But the support for EV audio released under Bosch is pretty shabby, there's not the same parts availability or expertise available at all. Compared to the comprehensive spares availability for something like the SX300 our ZLX12Ps had a buzzy amp board delivered from new, for which we were barely even able to speak to anybody who actually knew what the product did, never mind being able to recommend any diagnostics or likely causes. It's back to base or nothing and the support dept is doubled up with security cameras and the like.

But the support for EV audio released under Bosch is pretty shabby, there's not the same parts availability or expertise available at all.

I miss the days of Shuttlesound.

We used to specify an awful lot of EV kit but have moved away for a lot of it, partly because of availability and support issues.

• 2 weeks later...

And Bosch own EV and Dynacord, not exactly shabby audio brands!

But the support for EV audio released under Bosch is pretty shabby, there's not the same parts availability or expertise available at all. Compared to the comprehensive spares availability for something like the SX300 our ZLX12Ps had a buzzy amp board delivered from new, for which we were barely even able to speak to anybody who actually knew what the product did, never mind being able to recommend any diagnostics or likely causes. It's back to base or nothing and the support dept is doubled up with security cameras and the like.

But the support for EV audio released under Bosch is pretty shabby, there's not the same parts availability or expertise available at all.

I miss the days of Shuttlesound.

We used to specify an awful lot of EV kit but have moved away for a lot of it, partly because of availability and support issues.

If you are an authorised Bosch Pro-Sound account then you have direct access to any of the sales team in the UK and you would know this. Ilf you purchased your products from a reseller then you need to go back to them or message me here and I can sort on your behalf.

Archived