Single channel dimmers

TomHoward

I am looking for a couple of single channel dimmers for when we do marquee jobs and that and for the odd occasion when you have one filament lamp (usually over a bar /.dessert table etc) in a room full of LED. Preferably DMX and local contriol

Does anyone know some suitably robust ones, or alternatively a DMX din rail dimmer with local control - I had planned to make one up in a rubber box enclose (modify a couple of distros to make one) but I can't find a suitable DIN dimmer that hasn't been discontinued in favour of LED

I think I've found a source of Din rail DMX dimmers with local manual control - but I'm having to import them as it's a discontinued item here.

Basically all our power distro is Rubber Box and I'm hoping to make something inline with 16A ins & outs and IP44 when all connected up if I can find something - it's hard to find anything rated that high as most DMX DIN dimmers seem to be 1-3A

Anytronics Pro Dim 10's every time - pretty much bombproof - we even let teachers use ours in hire and they can't damage them, so they'd be ideal for your purposes. B-)

The newer version can come with DMX fitted and a variety of output configurations and there's plenty of space in the case to drill for a nut & bold to take a hook clamp.

I think I've found a source of Din rail DMX dimmers with local manual control - but I'm having to import them as it's a discontinued item here.

Basically all our power distro is Rubber Box and I'm hoping to make something inline with 16A ins & outs and IP44 when all connected up if I can find something - it's hard to find anything rated that high as most DMX DIN dimmers seem to be 1-3A

I guess that higher powered dimmers rely on ventilation hence not made to be put behind a panel lid on a din rail?

If you can get them where you are, the TheatreLight single channel dimmers are bombproof. [webpage], scroll down to SingleFade. It has CE for sale in Europe, so they must have planned to flog them out that way somewhere along the line. No DMX though. There is a DMX version but with no local control...

http://theatrelight.co.nz/twinglefadesmall.jpg

At Enlightened we have the anytronics and the stand dim1 available for bith hire and purchase. The anytronics is much more robust, available with a 16a, but they are more than twice the price of a dim 1. The dim 1 does have a neat little remote control and DMX as standard.

As with many things, I think you get what you pay for. The anytronics I would imagine will be cheaper than trying to build yourself unless you end up with a garage consumer unit instead of a rubber box.

Andrew

Archived