Hearing Loss Claim at Royal Opera House

Junior8

Any way, back to the issue of noise levels I have a question:  

What is the reasonning behind running public entertainment at ever increasing SPL's? I went on a Northern Lights cruise in October and all 5 'entertainment areas' on board ran permanently in excess of 90dB with a solid line at the max of my phone app (Uncalibrated). I could see a meter at one of the control desks which was showing about 94 to 99dB. Even oustide my cabin door the music was over 80dB.

At a 60's show in Dartford my phone was showing lots of peaks over 90dB and I sat in the 'airlock' between auditoriun and bar where the music was at a much more comfortable 80 to 85.

Edited by sunray

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you high? You cannot change someone's date of birth unless you're logged into their profile; that's one of the core ways Facebook identifies you and uses that info to verify you in the event you need to unlock your account.

I suspect that was meant to read "checking"!

Are you high?

No

You cannot change someone's date of birth unless you're logged into their profile;

Allegedly

that's one of the core ways Facebook identifies you and uses that info to verify you in the event you need to unlock your account.

Not very secure then is it!

I suspect that was meant to read checking!

No he changed the accounts DOB.

• 2 weeks later...

I dragged out our not-often-used Ruhrtrommel yesterday and had forgotten about the label I stuck on the case last time we used it. This thing is a custom field drum, brass shell which is about two feet deep, and it is beyond loud. It can’t be used in the pit because it’s so loud - we’d be talking instant hearing damage, so really can only be used backstage or perhaps on the concert platform. I’m going to have to talk to the stage manager about this if we end up wanting it in this production...

Ruhrtrommel-case.jpg