Wireless mics, radios in Cuba?

peterskine

I am starting to be involved with several shows which are going to Cuba.

What does anyone know about using wireless mics there, the TV stations that are broadcasting there and the needs for licensing.

Do you have any contacts who would know?

Do you have the name of the government agency there who is in charge?

Have you asked your radio mic supplier/maker?

I am the supplier and rental house looking for info for coordination.

I think Ive found the agency:

Direccion de Frecuencias Radioelectricas

Ministerio de Comunicaciones

Plaza de la Revolucion

La Habana

Trying to find out their Frequency band plan, not much info out there. They also don’t have much over the air TV broadcast since it was all government news organizations.

Not a clue really but there is an interesting article HERE!

It's a few years back and the writer is US based but the Cuban police were convinced his radio mics were devices for listening to police band radio coms. The rest of his advice seems sound.

They do appear to demand that radio mics are authorised before entry but Cuba is changing so fast anything could be possible by the time you get there.

Not a clue really but there is an interesting article HERE!

It's a few years back and the writer is US based but the Cuban police were convinced his radio mics were devices for listening to police band radio coms. The rest of his advice seems sound.

They do appear to demand that radio mics are authorised before entry but Cuba is changing so fast anything could be possible by the time you get there.

I saw that article. Thankfully this is a new age. My events as well as the upcoming Stones tour in March are government sanctioned events. I am sure there will be concerns about us NOT leaving any equipment in the country. Since they are not yet a Carnet country, that documentation might present an issue or at least a bunch of bureaucratic delays.

I am looking for a couple of things:

Any RF scans done in Cuba and a personal contact in the government.

Archived