Barnum - water colour change solution

Ynot

I worked on the Crawford production......It is a chemical 'mix' the carafe had one chemical in it and the tumbler had a small (very small) test tube on the back...look at his thumb move on second to last pour.....we were always told NOT to drink it ** laughs out loud ** however I always remember the ASM moaning cause the solution took some cleaning as it started to stain the glass.....

Now THAT is the sort of insider trick that helps big time.

Amazing how the simplest distraction/sleight of hand is missed until you see it then it can't be un-seen...

:)

Thanks for that.

I would try a magic shop. I don't know what there is near you but Davenports in Charing Cross, London is an amazing place, and they sell online.

I remember having a kid's magic trick that did this when I was young.

Obviously good for Risk Assessment as it should come with literature.

If you go "iodine clock" route, be certain that you can source the chems adequately for the scale (volume) and number of performances and rehearsals. I've just looked up one Iodine clock method which involves 20vol hydrogen peroxide -no longer retail (it's an explosives precursor), glacial acetic acid -no longer available retail (it's a drug precursor) and Potassium Iodide -limited availability -(it's part of one of the ways to crystal meth).

These stores are expected in a lab but less so in a theatre.

I worked on the Crawford production......It is a chemical 'mix' the carafe had one chemical in it and the tumbler had a small (very small) test tube on the back...look at his thumb move on second to last pour.....we were always told NOT to drink it

I had suspicions about trick apparatus when watching the video- with your explanation it is now very obvious (the problem with screen over stage).

Archived