Source 4WRD

Bryson

Also you later mentioned the cost of 16A plugs in smaller venues.

I think Kit meant the cost of running in additional 16A circuits - i.e. increasing the power availability.

Yes, that is what I was getting at. For the last few years we have exhibited at the BIg Bang Science fair at the NEC. A 3m x 3m x 3m truss structure incorporating a number of interactive displays showcasing different aspects of our University courses including an interactive lighting display with 2 RGBWA moving heads and 8 RGBA fixtures, several laptops, ipads, 3D pens and several plasama balls. All of this runs off the single 16A supply that comes with the basic stand package. It would have cost hundreds (probably thousands) of pounds to have any more power to the stand. We simply could not have done this without the LED fixtures.

I was chatting to a friend yesterday who told me that a local theatre had recently upgraded a lot of non-performance lighting to LED. There was the expected and significant drop in power consumption but the electricity bill didn't go down very much. It transpired that the power company had noticed the drop in consumption almost immediately and increased the tarrif!

Archived