Confetti pods

sleah

I am looking at firing a couple of confetti pods off for the final of a karaoke competition in a local pub/club.

Am I right in thinking that you treat this in the same way as any pyro in public?

i.e. informing the licensing authority and fire officer.

I have experience of pyros (silverjets etc) and understand all the safety needs. (and intend to follow them to the letter!)

Also can anyone confirm that these (confetti pods) do not smoke after firing and won't set off smoke alarms?

Thanks

Simon

I am looking at firing a couple of confetti pods off for the final of a karaoke competition in a local pub/club. 

Am I right in thinking that you treat this in the same way as any pyro in public?

i.e. informing the licensing authority and fire officer.

I have experience of pyros (silverjets etc) and understand all the safety needs. (and intend to follow them to the letter!)

Also can anyone confirm that these (confetti pods) do not smoke after firing and won't set off smoke alarms?

Thanks

Simon

If you are thinking of using the Le Maitra pods, beware. They have a maroon in them to propel the confetti a LONG way, with a LOUD bang. I have seen suspended ceiling tiles dislodged by them.

Also beware the wrath of the cleaner!

There are confetti balloons and gas (CO2) powered devices that have a lesser bang also suspended hoppers that dribble confetti. All of these are no pyro and no smoke. In a pub with a moving audience it may be hard to enforce a pyro's safety radius.

If you are thinking of using the Le Maitra pods, beware.  They have a maroon in them to propel the confetti a LONG way, with a LOUD bang.  I have seen suspended ceiling tiles dislodged by them. 

I was thinking of the LeMaitre. Interesting comment about the power behind them, that could be problem as the ceiling is only 10 - 12 ft high with stuff such as neon and pendant lights - could be a disaster!

Not fussed about the cleaners - I won't be there when they are! :P

After reading the comments, I'll encourage the venue that it is a bad idea and stick to exploding balloons which we are going to use anyway.

Cheers All

Simon

What about using CO2 launchers they are more directable and have no pyrolaws attached

If you are thinking of using the Le Maitra pods, beware.  They have a maroon in them to propel the confetti a LONG way, with a LOUD bang.  I have seen suspended ceiling tiles dislodged by them.  

I was thinking of the LeMaitre. Interesting comment about the power behind them, that could be problem as the ceiling is only 10 - 12 ft high with stuff such as neon and pendant lights - could be a disaster!

Not fussed about the cleaners - I won't be there when they are! :blink:

After reading the comments, I'll encourage the venue that it is a bad idea and stick to exploding balloons which we are going to use anyway.

Cheers All

Simon

We used CO2 confetti launchers recently, very good coverage and no 'bang' or smoke, however, they need quite a bit of room for the confetti to fall if you want the best from them. Cant remember the brand, but it was just a rechargeable cylinder with a bit of pipe connected, remote fired valve and loads of confetti stuffed down the firing pipe.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cpt_P
You could try this for small compressed air cannons. Or there is a sprinkler there but it's not cheap and I don't know wether your celing would hold it

• 4 weeks later...
I used a couple of the CO2 fired confetti cannons last week - hired them in from JustFX. Virtually no noise on firing, just a slight pop, no smoke because there's no explosive in them and they fire confetti about 8-10 metres.

I used a couple of the CO2 fired confetti cannons last week - hired them in from JustFX.  Virtually no noise on firing, just a slight pop, no smoke because there's no explosive in them and they fire confetti about 8-10 metres.

And 12 of them rigged above the audience make a wonderful 'last note' effect - loads of mess in the stalls :( ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

During our recent Kylie Concert, production used hand held confetti wands to give a gentle effect. If you were to use something similar it may give you a better effect in a smaller venue, without pyro connections CO2 cylinders etc. If a world star thinks its appropriate sure your Kareoke Stars would also be impressed!

Unfortunately can't remember the name of the product.....

Get in touch if you want further info.

Archived