Help with Eurolite DPX-610 dimmer

Hass

Hi all,

I've been using blue room for years but this is the first post I'm making, apologies if I miss things.

Doing some work for a local 6th form college, we have a small dance studio with minor in build LX rig.

The rig has two Eurolite DPX-610 DMX dimmerpacks.

Both packs were working before I left for the christmas break. To my knowledge they were not used or even touched between then and me returning this monday.

One of the packs is now missing channels 1 and 5 and I cant work out why.

I've troubleshot everything to the point I know the issue is with the dimmers themselves, usually I would expect a blown fuse but this pack has RCD(or similar trips) instead of fuses, which before anyone asks are not tripped, I've switched everything on and off 30 times and checked the pack thoroughly.

Does anyone know of any reasons for this that I might be missing? My feeling is possibly the RCD(or similars) are actually broken, they do feel quite loose compared to the working ones.

Im just trying to get a few ideas before I start pulling it apart or spending more than the dimmer is worth sending it away for repair.

Any advice is appreciated,

thanks

Hass

Have you gone into the setup menus?

IIRC, as well as being able to set the DMX address as a block of 6 you can set each channel to its own DMX address.

Also, again IIRC, the LCD display gives you a display of what the software thinks each channel should be doing. Does it echo what you are doing on the desk?

If the MCBs feel at all different the chances are that someone has given them a whack during the holidays and damaged the innards. It should be trivial to find out whether they are open circuit. As it is channels 1 and 5 that are faulty it won't be anything to do with a particular phase detection circuit. Brian's advice about checking what the mimic display (if there is one) is doing. On a DPX405 the mimic comprises an LED for each channel. You can also set it into an auto chase mode by pressing the menu button and that would rule out the desk completely. There is no "top set" setting like on a Betapack so you can't lock down the maxmum to zero which is something I have seen lots on Betapacks.

Dave

Already checked the addressing and menus etc, Ill have a look for the pre heat setting to play with that but its looking like DrV is right and the MCB's are broken.

Ill have to open it up and have a look.

Thanks for the help all

Hass

Archived