Anyone have experience of 2.4GHz radio mics

gotty

yep - RF1 is solid, but they do cause interference TO other wifi users, but I can live with that.

Unless you happen to also be running a 2.4GHz router for mixer control!

But as the knowledgeable user of both, you wouldn't try to do that, would you? ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep - RF1 is solid, but they do cause interference TO other wifi users, but I can live with that.

Unless you happen to also be running a 2.4GHz router for mixer control!

But as the knowledgeable user of both, you wouldn't try to do that, would you? ;)

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

I had no experience of line6 and don't use wireless an awful lot but have just come back from a 3 day 60s festival where we tried out two line6 xd-35 units.

it was in a hotel ballroom, with no mobile phone reception inside. our requirements were modest - one for the presenter/host, another for low key day time solo artists and comedians.

receivers at the desk which was only 20ft away at most. clear line of sight... but presenter had a habit off delivering comment from the green room off stage, out of site and through a wall and it still worked fine.

I have to say, I'm hugely impressed. cardioid pattern which left other sure and sennheiser wireless in the dust for feedback rejection. clear, reasonably detailed but with quite a bit of bass proximity, which we eq'ed where necessary. detailed enough not to be worried about offering them on other jobs for singers. one set of batteries seemed to last for our intermittent operation, all day - compared with the trantec series 5 we used last year which used a couple of sets per day - in fact the batteries still seemed healthy at the end of the day but we changed anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived