Pearl busking tips needed

jason5d

I Have to do night club lights on a Pearl Tiger and I normally use zero88.

The pearl instructions do not help much for busking live, are there any good

websites and forums for tips out there?

I have got the lights to move about with out much difficulty and programmed a few chases.

How do I edit parameters during playback of a chase in run mode,

such as colour and gobo on a group of fixtures?

many thanks

The 'usual' way would be to have intensities and movements on subs and then select groups of fixtures and pick colours, gobos, shutter etc from palettes.

Connect to a chase to alter speed and crossfade on the wheels. Set speed and/or time of shapes to react to fader

I concur with the above, but to go beyond that we need to know:

Is this a tiger touch or an original tiger?

Assuming for a minute it's a touch (or any thing else running titan)

•  
  • Assign a rate and a bpm master. Intensity chases \ shapes on the BPM master, movements on the rate.
  • Do not forget the exclusive button: going exclusive on intensities, such that every stops moving and points at a mirror ball\ paints a pretty picture can be quite powerful
  • If you have rate \ BPM masters, have the size of the shapes on faders
  • If it is a tiger touch, use the macro buttons to free up faders.
  • lastly, but not least, don't forgot you need no strobe \ white \ no gobo palettes as well!

If it's an original tiger, probably my best tip is to save the shapes in mode 2, but it's been a while since I've had to busk an original tiger.

No. Mode 2 is a playback mode set via Edit Times. You will need takeover mode for accessing palettes. Note that if you have quick palettes enabled in user settings and don't select any fixtures palettes will apply to everything they relate to. This can make it very fast to busk if you program the palettes deliberately to suit this.

There is loads of information on this, both here and on the Avo forum. Given the age of the consoles you may need to search back quite a way.

Archived