iPad audio cable

nikkicallaghan

We use a set-up of X-keys for our SFX playback. We've done the mapping for Qlab, set up some nice big buttons, which are backlit and do useful things depending on what you hit (like hitting the 'pause all' button makes the 'resume all' button flash.)

Is pretty useful for both operation and editing but most importantly its nice to be able to hit a big go button without too much fear of missing it!

Simon

I know what you mean about phantom power once had the pleasure of seeing the bass player with suddenly live strings, nothing to do with me I hasten to add.

Really- are you sure you "know"? Because phantom power is current limited and does not result in "live strings".... That sounds like a much more serious issue with the system or their rig.

1443545822[/url]' post='528377']
1443523884[/url]' post='528349']I know what you mean about phantom power once had the pleasure of seeing the bass player with suddenly live strings, nothing to do with me I hasten to add.

Really- are you sure you "know"? Because phantom power is current limited and does not result in "live strings".... That sounds like a much more serious issue with the system or their rig.

I was young and didn't know any better at the time. I'm much older and knowledgable now(hopefully)

I know what you mean about phantom power once had the pleasure of seeing the bass player with suddenly live strings, nothing to do with me I hasten to add.

It's sad that systems still exist where it's possible for guitars or microphones to be at lethal potentials with respect to ground and allow current to flow.

For example:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2848695/Rock-singer-electrocuted-microphone-performing-stage-Argentina.html

in 2014 leading to a death and

http://loudwire.com/of-mice-mens-austin-carlile-hospitalized-due-to-microphone-electrocution/

in which fortunately he survived.

It bothers me slightly that they keep saying 'faulty wiring on his microphone' when the fault must have been due to the venue wiring (safety earth/ground) combined with a fault in either his guitar system or the PA. I s'pose the copy writers need to keep the message brief so I guess I'll let them off this time.

More importantly, it's a very sad thing and shouldn't still be happening in the 21st century :(

More importantly, it's a very sad thing and shouldn't still be happening in the 21st century :(

All the protection and procedures required to avoid such things was at least invented if not deployed for at least half of the 20th century :/

All the protection and procedures required to avoid such things was at least invented if not deployed for at least half of the 20th century :/

True and I'd have hoped we'd have 100% deployment by the end of that century http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Archived