Must have items on tour

Hi,

I'm going on my first tour this fall as Technical Manager. We are going away for three months and now I am looking for advice from people with more experience than me from touring.

So please tell me, what is your "must have"-items in your tool case?

Have a great week!

Ps. I've already packed gaffa tape, PVC tape, screwdriver, leatherman, DMX-tester, laser measure, flashlight, gloves, iPad, Macbook.

I've never toured, but for three months you'd need a whole truck to carry everything you might need, but you can't have a whole truck. So take what you can carry and take a good list of where you will be and where in each town things will be available. Have a list of places that will receive a couriered parcel for you in advance of your arrival.

What would be handy is local knowledge such as places to get items for repairs or replacements such as a local screwfix or other well stocked hardware shop.

It might be worth thinking about what is needed and emailing venues or a quick google search prior to going to the venue. If you send out that info to crew it might save you time onsite.

Also having screwfix, RS and accounts will help

You may of course have already done this, if so well done and have a good tour

Archived