Which Torch?

Have lost torches ,er, quite a lot more expensive than this in less time than it took the finish to wear off,have had one of these rattling in my pocket for over 6 months, finish is wearing off metal but zoom slide still works fine with right amount of resistance.

http://www.banggood.com/Smiling-Shark-SS-8022-CREE-Q5-Zoomable-Mini-LED-Flashlight-p-934819.html

Torches that can take 18650, higher voltage, rechargeabl and brighter, and AA disposables are a good next step up.

If that is the same as the Chinese ones for £2 delivered from Amazon (it looks it), then they are great for the price. Especially as they run off a single used radio mic battery of indeterminate life AA

When zoomed down to a spot it projects the chip pattern which amused me. After a few years they have noticeably diminished in brightness but for £2 that is expected.

My EDC is a Fenix from the PD series. I still get comments on the brightness at full power and mine is 8 years old and is reportedly a third of the brightness of the current gen CREE. CR123 or single AA powered varieties are around £40. Mine came with a diffuser tip which turned it into a great lantern and spare O-rings.

If that is the same as the Chinese ones for £2 delivered from Amazon (it looks it), then they are great for the price. Especially as they run off a single used radio mic battery of indeterminate life AA

When zoomed down to a spot it projects the chip pattern which amused me. After a few years they have noticeably diminished in brightness but for £2 that is expected.

Yup, I think I have 3 of these now that live in the tool box. Marked up as mine and perfect for those "Can I just borrow that torch for a minute" moments. Good enough to be useful, cheap enough that I won't lost sleep if it doesn't come back!

Archived