X32 and L-C-R

revbobuk

Folks - let me try and pick your brains. About to install an X32 into a church, and I'm not quite sure about the optimum desk configuration. The speakers are placed centrally, one towards the front of the auditorium, and one further back. That's not the issue - what I'd like to get clear in my mind is the configuration. I want to have different delays on the two speakers. And I would quite like to preserve 'stereo' - so that other desk outputs, particularly for recording, operate as one might intuitively expect. I can't see the point of operating in LCR mode, as there's only the centre speakers. But I'd like stereo inputs - from CD and laptop - to get properly mixed down so that the speaker output contains both L&R.

How would the X32 experts on here configure the desk? How do I configure two independently delayed mono outputs?

There is a center hang of two speaker, one on the bottom pointing at the stalls and one at the top pointing at the rear of the stalls?

This cluster is joined/inhabits the same space and you want different delay times for a two boxes physically aligned?

use mono matrix sends

there are lots of different ways of configuring on the x32, no one way is right.

start with routing > outs 1-16

these are your virtual outs.

so you can select out 1 (for example) and either set it as main LRC then set the output signal to main m/c

or if you want to use matrix faders you can set out 1 to matrix 1 then make sure matrix 1 doesn't have it's fader linked - by default it then takes a mono sum signal.

set post fader in both cases

in the case of matrix make sure that you select main LR fader then home> sends and elevate the sends faders on 1 for matrix 1, 2 for matrix 2 etc

then if you want to time delay the outs return to the outs1-16 screen and your time delay is on the right side of the screen.

I always second guess myself when working in mono because although I use the x32 quite a bit, I rarely work in mono but I'm pretty sure the above will give you what you need.

final thing - once you have the outs assigned you need to pick them up as physical outs.

by default out 1 goes to xlr 1 and to out 1 on the aes50 but you can move them around - have a look at the xlr tab for example in the routing menu.

Archived