Mic Splits

jameskerr87

Long time no post!

I'm after some mic splits,

Currently using 4 Klark Technik Square One splits which are great but take up so much room in our rack and the mic pre amps (although sound great) are not necessery.

So with a week before the tour starts (I know last minute) I'm looking to slim the rack down with 32 ways of split with at least 1 set of isolated outputs for FOH, mutipin outputs for FOH and tails would be a bonus. The monitor desk is X32R so is living in the same rack and will be permanently wired in.

Is there anyone selling these off the shelf or is the only way to go with VDC and the likes to get a custom made jobbie?

thanks

James

I have an Art S8-3. It's one of those desperately dull bits of kit that just does exactly what it says on the tin. I bought it for a one off job of recording a gig which it coped with perfectly but I've never done any extensive tests on it to see how the direct out compares to the transformer outs. I certainly didn't notice any issues. There are more expensive units out there but this one works fine for me.

As I thought then, I like the orchid units but space is a premium so I think anything 8 channel and 1U wins.

Thanks

James

We aren't touring a FOH desk yet, and we are at many many festivals this year so for now analog Is a must to be most compatible, also enables us to upgrade other parts of the system without being tied to a particular digital desk.

James

Archived