Video transmitters

dmxlights

Even with the teradek Bolt Pro mounted on the edge of a clear stage, with only 15-20m LOS between tx and rx we still had random drop outs recently on a show. This was for a camera used for occasional shots, so it's loss could be tolerated and the client knew the risk. We had around 2-3000 in the audience. Completely different if it had be the only, or a main camera.

Run cable. If you're in the venue doing the same rig regularly, then talk to the venue and try and instal a fixed cable and a pitch panel at each end.

Out of interest is it a venue in Donegal itself? My family have a bungalow in Rossnowlagh so I sort of know the area...

Even with the teradek Bolt Pro mounted on the edge of a clear stage, with only 15-20m LOS between tx and rx we still had random drop outs recently on a show. This was for a camera used for occasional shots, so it's loss could be tolerated and the client knew the risk. We had around 2-3000 in the audience. Completely different if it had be the only, or a main camera.

Run cable. If you're in the venue doing the same rig regularly, then talk to the venue and try and instal a fixed cable and a pitch panel at each end.

Out of interest is it a venue in Donegal itself? My family have a bungalow in Rossnowlagh so I sort of know the area...

The camera would not be a main one for sure so random dropout would be grand. I have a few units coming though a friend for a few test and but it could be a while before I can try them with a room full for people.

Yes Pete The venue(s) is in Donegal and there is a few we have done strictlys in.

Archived