Best low budget wedges.

bitofagiggle

These the box MA120 MKII from Thomann have been good to me. Have been gigged and abused but they keep working. I know people who had the Mk1' and they had issues with blowing the amp but the Mk2's have been awesome, 12" I know but quite compact.

I've been involved in conversations on here and I think others rated them also.

That said their website says "new model" which adds a standby switch and MF EQ but they are still called Mk2? surely they should be Mk3.

I have a couple of Alto Truesonic TS110As, very good for the money (actually pretty good by any measure). The only downside is durability, I don't dry hire mine and do take care of them but I have seen another one with a damaged cabinet (much like the common damage you see on SRM 450s if dropped). They don't need kid gloves, with moderate care they'll be fine, just don't drop them down stairs http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I also use the Alto Truesonic speakers as wedge monitors. I have both the TS110a's and TS112a's and both work great for this application. A cheaper but excellent value option is the Thomann MA120 MKII's. Whilst I prefer the Alto Truesonics the Thomann MA120mkII's are a real bargain at £100 each! At one of the venues I run sound they have three and they have stood up to years of pretty hard usage!

I've used the Thomann Pro Mon A12 which appears to be a re-branded Proel WD12a monitor and didn't like it as much as the cheaper MA120 or the Alto Truesonic range.

Archived