D.A.S. audio

ghance

Hi

What do we think about DAS products? In your opinion how do they rank against the likes of say, JBL, FBT, HK & RCF?

Any touring engineers here put DAS on their riders? Any No DAS?

Any application, any level.. I'm a D&B rental house & very happy with product.. but always looking at the competition & couldn't help notice DAS doing some clever things with FIR filters.

Cheers

Gareth

What do we think about DAS products

which bit of DAS? I’ve played with the aero 12 stuff a fair bit,on all sorts of stuff.easy to rig, the hardest bit is getting em back on the dollys if there not flown as you really need 3 hands,only other issue I can think of is the heatsinks on the subs can bottom out on steep ramps,nothing a few mill of spacer on the castors,or just lifting them over the lip wont cure.earlier models had non locking xlr's but they’ve fitted standard locking type on the newer models . Sennheiser are the people to deal with,not sure if its still dave worcesters job to flog it

HI!!

This vicent from DAS. I'm working in DAS doing technical seminars and system tunning alignment around the world.

What kind of information you’re looking for?? I could send you info about aero40, aero50…the new aero20, DAsnet… just tell me and I will send you technical information.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking at any specific box, just trawling for feedback about the brand. I've used various DAS systems over the years from 500 cap DJ affairs to 2500 seater theatres. Always considered it a very competent system, but perhaps a bit under represented compared to the likes of say FBT, RCF etc. I raise the question having taken time to look at the website.. liking the FIR filters & the Aero 12 & Aero 40 look interesting. Just wondering what other people think of the brand. anyone spec'ing DAS on riders?. cheers

I spent all year touring with the Aero 12's (Hola Vicente! Estaba yo con Gerardo de M&H... algun dia tengo que pasar por vuestra nave a presentarme, vivo en Buñol, tan poco esta muy lejos!)

Yes I entirely agree about the dolly system needs a little work.. "We" have been thinking about replacing the locking pin with a bolt and nylon nut so that it at least keeps some rigitity so it stays "where you leave it" while trying to lift it too the PA.

On the other hand, their hanging system couldnt be easier... On the inside lid of the flightcase, we had a laminated print out of the box angles depending on distance and number of sections... It was left to the truck driver to set it every day.. It's that simple!

Not once all year did the line array sections give us any issues!!

2 subs needed a little looking into, IIRC it was the balance tranceiver chip had "popped" and was taking pin3 to ground.. and as such un-balancing the chain...

But all in all, roughly 4 shows a week, non stop all july and august, every day in a different location, so rig, derig, transport and opp, all by tired techs who might not be as carefull as fresh ones.... but the aeros were the least of our issues

I've heard various techs opp with the same units and get various differing sounds, so they can be "adjusted" as you like... Maybe out of the box they might not be what you want but like I say, I have seen (heard) them tuned by various people, and I'd say that each opp got what he wanted from them. Unfortunately I only got a few hours one night to opp sound, I was doing lights for the tour so couldt go too far into them.

At the other end of the. DAS scale, we've been using boxes from their lower ranges for years. Initially we used their PF range and only after 15 years of work have retired these and replaced with boxes from the Action range. Personally I think they are great value. Well bult and with a good sound. You obviously can't put them up with D&B kit but as a more costs effective option they really work well. We use them as our 'entry level' system that is well above your Mackies and Eon's.

Steve

Archived