Nice 31 Band Stereo EQ

pete10uk

Looking for a decent 31 band EQ 2 channel EQ.

Any favourites for around £200 - £300 ? Ideally with a built in power supply and 19" Rack mountable the smaller the better. Been looking at the DBX stuff but open to your recommendations.

Cheers

I'd recently bought a second hand Furman Q-602, which is OK for what I need it for. Then, yeah, there is the dbx231s, and Peavey has the Q231FX and then, of course, there is Behringer FBQ3102. All within your budget. If you got them rack-mounted and are a little careful, they'll should last a long time.

Norbert

I'd recommend against the Behringer unit, every one of those I've used has presented an issue within a couple of months. For example, one would randomly bypass itself, another had a number of filters stop working, etc etc.

I've had reasonable results from the DBX units.

I'd recommend against the Behringer unit, every one of those I've used has presented an issue within a couple of months. For example, one would randomly bypass itself, another had a number of filters stop working, etc etc.

I've had reasonable results from the DBX units.

never had a problem with mine, one new, one second hand, worked fine for 3 years or so until I went digital and sold them off. not really relevant to the quality and price band the OP is looking for though.

under the principle of 'buy the best you can' for the budget - the BSS opal is for sale for £295 at thomann

Get a good used BSS or Klarke Teknik on Ebay. The hire companies are going digital and selling them off. They will sound better than the stuff mentioned above.

^^ good advice. You can pick up a s/h DN360 or FCS960 within the OPs budget nowadays. The XTA GQ600 is also very nice & around the same price point.

Archived