fire alarm beacons and sounders

s buckley-jones

Afternoon .

need some information regarding fire alarm sounders in auditorium setting . in the past it was common practice to not place devices that would "panic " the punters.

my ? is have you just finished a project that has had a fire alarm system installed and did it spec sounder and beacons in the auditorium. this comes under Scottish regs.

thank you both for your reply having just about learn to read and wrtte at the age 50+ the q was "have you just finished a project "

In Scotland, requirements on general fire safety are covered in Part 3 of the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005, supported by the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.

Part 3 of this is what applies and, much like the RRO in England and Wales, section 54 lays the onus on the "responsible person" and does not specify anything in detail.

(2)The person shall

(a)carry out an assessment of the relevant premises for the purpose of identifying any risks to the safety of relevant persons in respect of harm caused by fire in the relevant premises; and

(b)take in relation to the relevant premises such of the fire safety measures as in all the circumstances it is reasonable for a person in his position to take to ensure the safety of relevant persons in respect of harm caused by fire in the relevant premises.

No I have not finished a project. No I have not got a iPhone. No Eye dew knot yews speelchucker.

Andrews advice is solid but do talk to other similar venues in your Fire and Rescue Service area and to your local Fire Service for advice.

Archived